AVIATION BENEFITS OF RAIN
RAIN RFID is a wireless technology that connects billions of everyday items to the internet, enabling the aviation industry around the world to identify, locate, authenticate, and engage with each item—no batteries required. In an increasingly globalized world, enterprises need accurate, real-time data. With a worldwide network of RAIN RFID enabled airlines and airports, they can improve accuracy and efficiency to track passenger’s bags, track freight, manage airplane maintenance, and ensure airplanes have needed safety equipment.
- Enable hands-free scanning of baggage throughout the handling process
- Track passengers’ baggage in real-team with notifications on their smartphone
- Reduce mishandling of baggage by 25-50%
- Automate freight tracking and increase accuracy
- Ease tracking of airplane safety equipment and reduce errors
- Authenticate and track repair parts for maintenance
Airlines and airports around the world are achieving compelling results from RAIN RFID deployments.
RAIN RFID Alliance is working with IATA and IABSC to help airlines and airports understand and use RAIN RFID
“RAIN RFID is a cost efficient and highly effective method of data capture for Resolution 753, as it allows a high degree of automation and therefore consistency of data provision for the operation. This is essential as baggage tracking is only effective if you capture data on all the bags and can use this effectively.” – IATA
AVIATION RFID REQUEST